More About the Artist
Hi! Thanks for wanting to read more about me. I love words and the creative process; with this love I desire to put Jesus at the core of my professional, creative and personal life. I run a dedicated art studio in central California. My hope as an artist is to leave a creative mark in this world that will encourage others.
As a visual artist, I love creating! I've been doodling since I was a little girl and have continued to grow in my love for art. Through the years, my passion has been met with the love of drawing, painting, photography, design, crafts and writing. It's my dream to create pieces to share with the world and this website is the vehicle to make that dream possible. I desire to create pieces that will reach a diverse audience, and I enjoy capturing inspiration through fine art and digital tools. Being able to use my hands give me the most freedom when creating a piece, and the joyful, funny, and painful moments in life are the candid inspirations in my art.
Being able to encourage others to love art gives me so much joy. Helping parents, educators and teachers along their creative journey of inspiring the kids in their lives is my main focus of my educational business. I believe that every child loves art and my mission is to help others nurture a child's creativity and foster their love for art by creating art resources, activities and printables that will challenge them creatively while being fun. I consider myself a Documentary and Fine Art Photographer who is inspired most by natural light and everyday moments. My camera is another means of seeing the world, capturing moments to relive and images to create. It's the moments that are unexpected and imperfect that I'm drawn to. I desire to collectively capture real moments, to tell a special story and to create photographic art that will be treasured for a lifetime.
- I'm saved by grace and cherish my relationship with my Savior, Jesus Christ, who is the source of my hope and strength.
- I love and relish quiet moments alone, making me a contented introvert.
- I'm Cambodian American; born in a refugee camp in Bangkok, Thailand after the Khmer Rouge's atrocities in Cambodia.
- Writing, journaling, poetry are stronger ways for me to communicate my thoughts and feelings.
- Books are one of my favorite things which is why I get too excited from learning new stuff.
- My love for art started when I was a young girl sketching images of Super Mario characters (I wish I still had those drawings!).
- It's important to me to be a kid at heart and to learn to nurture a carefree attitude in a busy world.
- I believe that the pain we experience in life ultimately will be used for good.
- My hubby and I are currently embarking on a minimalist lifestyle and we love this slow journey so far. It is challenging for sure.
- I care a lot about people and love encouraging others.
- I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in Applied Arts and Sciences (fancy wording, huh?), in other words I have a fine arts degree.
Thanks again for reading my words and I hope you enjoy looking through my website. If you would like to read more of my random words, please check out my visual journal that's part of my blog. Feel free to email me with any comments or questions. Peace.