- I chose ONE image. It makes the cover more striking.
- Highlight or make certain text stand out to capture viewer's attention such as the 'Exclusive Story' and 'Hero of the month.'
- Remember to insert page numbers in correlation to each article.
- Title of Magazine should be in the largest text and in bold.
- 'Tips' and 'How To' articles are a teaser to get your viewers interested in reading your magazine.
- Add a few colored texts to give the magazine more contrast. Black or white text may be too boring and make the magazine feel instructional instead of something fun and interesting to read. Besides, who enjoys reading manuals anyways? Not me.
- ALWAYS have the date, issue #, and specific articles on every cover.
If I could design any magazine cover or begin a magazine of my own this will be my dream magazine. Of course, relating to horses and people.
A few notes on design and layout:
In case you are wondering, my name is pronounced sa-rome and welcome to my visual thread of art, digital photography and design. I'm excited that you've dropped by! My days consist of the lovely chaos of caring for two little ones (if you have any running around at home, visit my learning corner for free art activities) and my free time is dedicated to creating. Read more about me here. Happy Sweet Inspirations!