More About the Artist
Hi! Thanks for wanting to read more about me. I love words and the creative process; with this love I desire to put Jesus at the core of my professional, creative and personal life. My hope as an artist is to leave a creative mark in this world that will encourage others.
As a visual artist, I love creating! I've been doodling since I was a little girl and have continued to grow in my love for art. Through the years, my passion has been met with the love of drawing, painting, photography, design, crafts and writing. It's my dream to create pieces to share with the world and this website is the vehicle to make that dream possible. I desire to create pieces that will reach a diverse audience, and I enjoy capturing inspiration through fine art and digital tools. Being able to use my hands give me the most freedom when creating a piece, and the joyful, funny, and painful moments in life are the candid inspirations in my art.
Being able to encourage kids (and adults) to create art and grow in their creative intelligence are the motivations behind my educational business (visit here) and it is my hope to help educators and parents nurture a child's creativity and foster their love for art by creating art resources that will encourage them to think, problem solve and use their imagination.
I also consider myself a rookie documentary and fine art photographer who is inspired most by natural light and everyday moments. My camera is another means of seeing the world, capturing moments to relive and creating images to inspire and treasure. It's the moments that are unexpected and imperfect that I'm drawn to and I desire to collectively capture real moments, to tell a special story and to create photographic art that can be treasured for a lifetime.
- I'm saved by grace and cherish my relationship with my Savior, Jesus Christ, who is the source of my hope and strength.
- I love and relish quiet moments alone, making me a contented introvert.
- I'm Cambodian American; born in a refugee camp in Bangkok, Thailand after the Khmer Rouge's atrocities in Cambodia.
- Writing, journaling, and poetry are stronger ways for me to communicate my thoughts and feelings.
- Books are one of my favorite things, which is why I get too excited from learning new stuff.
- My love for art started when I was a young girl sketching images of Super Mario characters (I wish I still had those drawings!).
- It's important to me to be a kid at heart and to learn to nurture a carefree attitude in a busy world.
- I believe that the pain we experience in life ultimately will be used for good.
- My hubby and I are currently embarking on a minimalist lifestyle and we value this slow and challenging journey so far.
- I care a lot about people and love encouraging others.
- I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in Applied Arts and Sciences (fancy wording, huh?), in other words I have a fine arts degree.
Thanks again for reading my words and I hope that you enjoy visiting my website.